Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 69

Growing up, and really until only a couple of years ago when I started gaining weight, I didn't mind having my picture taken, I actually liked it. I loved capturing memories and documenting my life. But as I gained more and more weight, largely in part due to medication, I began to loathe having my picture taken; I avoided it at all costs and when I was put in a position to have my picture taken all I could think about was how terrible I was going to look.

I don't think I'm unattractive, but I hated the weight on my face and body, I was so ashamed. I felt disgusting and I didn't want people to see photos of me. But as I do work on myself and through this blog, I am learning to see myself in a different and more positive light. I am beautiful, exactly as I am right now. 

So this is me, no photoshop, no editing, just a little bit of make-up to make ME feel good. 


"When I accept myself, I am freed from the burden of 
needing you to accept me." -Dr. Steve Maraboli

1 comment: