Saturday, July 18, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 58

As we were driving to Armstrong for "Breakfast on the Farm" (see my next post) this morning, I pulled over to let Steve drive; it wasn't that early but good grief I was feeling tired. As we pulled down this little road to turn around, this is the sight we were greeted with. A beautiful farm, with a stunning view, my new dream.

Now if you would have told me a few years ago that I would be dreaming of winning the lottery so we could buy property and animals for a little hobby farm, well I would have laughed at you. I've always loved being around animals and being on farms, but the more that I am exposed to farm life, through some amazing people that have come into my life, the more I realize that this is what I am meant to do. 

After 7 years of university and two degrees, admitting that I probably won't go down that path has been hard for me to admit. I don't think any education is a waste but when your life doesn't go in the direction you wanted / expected, it can be a hard pill to swallow; even harder to realizing that I have no idea what the next step is. But the peace and joy I feel when I am working with animals and getting dirty doing hard labour solidifies that it will be something in this industry. 

Finally, I'm just so thankful for Steve, he supports me in whatever I want to do and for my family and friends who do the same. Feeling grateful today.

"Stepping onto a brand new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman." -Maya Angelou

2 comments: