Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 47 + Completed Summer 2015 Bucket List Items

Picking cherries in the Okanagan is one of my favourite things to do, I can't justify spend $3.50/lb.+ in stores/fruit stands if I can easily do it myself. So today in about a half hour (tops) I picked 8lbs. of cherries at Hoffman Orchards (2512 Longhill Road), for $2/lb. I've seen them as low as $1/lb. but those were backyard trees and aren't always great quality. We've picked here before and I wasn't disappointed today. Huge lapin cherries, perfectly ripe, not full of worms or all rotten. I would DEFINITELY recommend them. 

I went home and proceeded to make my first lattice top cherry pie and I'm super pleased with the result.

Two more Summer 2015 Bucket List Items completed despite some wicked anxiety today.

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can." -Unknown


3 comments:

  1. That's your first lattice? Wow Chelsey looks like a pro did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is :) There are some really great tutorials out there, I'm really happy with how it turned out!!

      Delete