Friday, July 3, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 43

I am still so shocked and overwhelmed that I'm not even sure where to start. As you all know Steve and I participated in Ride Don't Hide on June 21st, an event that means so much to me. With the help of my amazing family and friends, I raised $1,200!!

On this past Tuesday when I got home there was a message on my answering machine from Candace from the Kelowna Branch of the Canadian Mental Health Association, letting me know that I won one of the donated prizes, a ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR gift card to Fresh Air. My jaw literally dropped,as I slowly walked to the kitchen to tell Steve I still couldn't believe it; I don't win things, especially not big things, I was floored.

Today I went and picked up my gift card; I am so incredibly thankful and feel so blessed. As many of you know, I bought a new bike earlier this year and I LOVE it, but there is some gear that I have been wanting that just isn't in the budget. And it couldn't have come at a better time as Steve and I are doing the 40km Okanagan Trestle Tour on Sunday.


So to Jim Bates and the team at Fresh Air, your generosity truly will change my life and I cannot thank you enough. I will see you soon, I need some gear!! And thank you to all my amazing supporters, I couldn't do it without you!!



"Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we'll do." -
BrenĂ© Brown 



No comments:

Post a Comment