Friday, June 19, 2015

Ride Don't Hide



One of my bucket list items is to overcome depression and anxiety and Ride Don't Hide is very near and dear to my heart. As most of you know, life has thrown me yet another curve ball and, due to my deteriorating mental health, I was forced to leave my job on Wednesday. THIS is precisely why Ride Don't Hide means so much to me. I've always been a bit of a big mouth about my experience with mental illness and I choose to be that way because I'm not ashamed of my depression and anxiety. Some people aren't able to speak about their experiences so I kinda think of myself as giving a voice to those people. 

Sunday is the big day, the ride may only be 7 kms but I can't even begin to put into words just how much it means to me. If you can, please consider donating to this amazing cause. To help eradicate this terrible stigma, which like it or not still exists, and to help raise funds for people who aren't as fortunate as I am to be surrounded by loving, supportive family and friends. 

$5, $10, $20, every dollar counts..."There is no health without mental health."

Click here to donate or to learn more about my story.

#ridedonthide #mentalhealth #mentalillness #bigmouth #depression #anxiety #curveball #stigma #getloud


No comments:

Post a Comment