Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 31 / Ride Don't Hide

WOW, Ride Don't Hide is such a powerful event and has such a huge impact on me. Hundreds of people getting together for a common cause, one that is so close to my heart, is so touching. This year there was an incredible 275 riders in Kelowna alone and let me tell you, it was amazing. If there is a ride in your community next year I would HIGHLY recommend it. This year the event raised over $60,000 double the $30,000 goal that Kelowna set. 

To top it off, last night Steve found a list of the Top Leaders for Kelowna and to my surprise, I was in the top 5. After the ride today I was called up, along with the other top donors, and recognized for my fundraising efforts, which was incredibly humbling. BUT, I could not have done it without the support of my friends and, family, thank you to each and every one of you!

Here are some photos from today, I couldn't pick just one!


"Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of, but stigma and bias shame us all." -Bill Clinton

#ridedonthide #getloud #erasethestigma #cmhakelowna #mentalhealth #mentalillness #cycling #community #fundraiser #humbled


No comments:

Post a Comment