Friday, June 19, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 29

I've been working on an I-Spy quilt for several months now (see A Year in Photo - Day 5) and I've been swapping fabric with people from all over North America. What I didn't expect was the number of people who have sent me fabric without wanting anything in return. Today, however, I received a box so big, filled with 30+ large pieces of fabric, that I was near tears. The generosity of the lady who sent it to me was overwhelming, especially since she spent over $20 in shipping alone. It may not seem like not a big deal to some, but given how difficult the last few weeks have been, this act of kindness reminds me why I continue to push through.


"You fall, you rise, you make mistakes, you live, you learn. You're human, not perfect. You've been hurt, but you're alive. Think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, and to chase the things you love. Sometimes there is sadness in our journey, but there is also lots of beauty. We must keep putting one foot in front of the other even when we hurt, for we will never know what is waiting for us just around the bend." -Unknown



1 comment: