Friday, August 28, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 99

I've always wanted a tattoo but I wanted to wait until something really meaningful came along, and it did. My friend Cyndi shared The Semi Colon Project with me; the semi-colon has become a symbol for mental illness. Basically, in a sentence the semi-colon is used where I period could be used, an end to the sentence, but instead it is a pause and the sentence continues. Some people relate this to suicide but for me I interpret it more as my struggles with mental illness are a pause in my life, not something that is going to be the end for me but just a stop along the way.

I loved it, but wanted something to go with it. I've always been drawn to arrows and then I came across this: 

"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming."

Bingo! With that, my the design began to take shape, and for my birthday, Steve told me I could get it done, I was SO excited. So today was the day. It didn't hurt as bad as I thought, I was very relaxed, almost asleep. The experience was incredibly cathartic; I just kept thinking of what I had been through, how far I have come and what is yet to come. BIG thanks to Rob Jobe at Pinz Tattoo!!!!

Rather than just one photo, there are a few today.


"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was greater than the risk it took to bloom." -Anais Nin



No comments:

Post a Comment