Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 90

Yesterday was my 30th birthday, and unlike some, I couldn't wait. My family has always looked at birthdays as a time of celebration, never focusing on your age. My Dad always says, "What are you if you aren't getting older? Dead." While it may sound a little harsh, it's true, and I often forget how old I am because my age isn't important to me.

I spent the day travelling with Steve, while he drove I spent a good chunk of the travel time doing one of my favourite things, sleeping. We finished the day off with a great dinner with my family and a delicious chocolate cheesecake. I was spoiled rotten and reminded just how lucky I am, not because of the gifts I got, but because of the love I felt all around me.

The past couple of years have been turbulent, to say the least, but I feel like I'm on a good path and I am excited about the direction things are going. A new decade, a new beginning...I can't wait to see what it brings.


"Know that you are the perfect age. Each year is special and precious, for you shall only live it once. Be comfortable with growing older." -Louise Hay

No comments:

Post a Comment