Sunday, August 30, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 101

I really struggled with which photo to post today, a photo of Sig that made me laugh, or this one. I've pretty much bared my soul on here so, although I find this one harder to write about it, this is the one I chose.

I had a rough day today, anxiety and mood, I just generally felt crappy. It didn't seem to matter what I did, all the little tricks I have in my figurative tool box, nothing worked. And then this happened.

When I'm not feeling well, coming up with, preparing and cooking meals is like climbing Mount Everest. I can't explain it, except to say that it's like there is a mental brick wall between me and getting a meal together (yes I have an amazing husband and he often helps me with this!). So today I pulled out the chicken that I have been trying to cook for two nights, only to find that it had gone bad. After an already hard day it was like a kick in the gut; I felt guilty and like a failure. Why is this so hard, especially when I already have it planned out I just have to execute it?

This is one of my biggest struggles, one that not many people understand and one that I have a tremendous amount of shame about, but tomorrow is a new day.


"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow." -Mary Anne Radmacher

1 comment:

  1. No shame Chelsey!! Does it happen often? I'm sure you've thought of this but on a good day could you make something to freeze for days like this? I have an easy meatball recipe I could share with you if you are interested. I usually buy ground beef from Costco and make about 5 batches of meatballs and then freeze them. Use them in spaghetti and meatballs, sweet and sour meatballs and on days when I don't feel much like cooking you can dip them in ketchup!! Love you girl. Sending a big hug your way.

    ReplyDelete