Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 98

Meet Sausage and Bacon, appropriately named so the two girls in the family are reminded that they are a food source, not pets. I brought them some watermelon rinds today, and in turn they made me laugh. I renamed them Happy Pig and Bully Pig; Bully Pig is larger, because he is a bully, and Happy Pig is skinnier and more agile.  

As I dumped the rinds in, it became clear why Bully Pig is fatter, he doesn't want Happy Pig to have any food. Happy Pig has to sneak in and grab a piece; initially Bully Pig was okay with Happy Pig eating off to the side, but eventually she was forced to the end of the pen. So I joined team Happy Pig, distracting Bully Pig (hence the close up) so Happy Pig could sneak in. Yep, I'm a farm girl at heart and easily amused by the animals :)
"The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things." -Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment