Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 153

While watching Alaska: The Last Frontier this week, I watched one of the ladies make a salve, made with cottonwood buds, that can be used for dry skin, diaper rash etc. When I was at the farm yesterday I noticed all these buds on little twigs that had fallen from the two HUGE cottonwood trees on the property.

Every winter I battle eczema and dry skin on my hands, so I decided to try my hand at this. I gathered the buds this afternoon and they are now soaking in coconut oil at a low heat on the stove. I will add vitamin E to preserve it and a little bit of beeswax to harden it, then I will strain it and let it cool. I'm not sure if it will work but it smells AMAZING, so that's a good start :)


"She turned her can'ts into cans, and her dreams into plans." -Kobi Yamada

No comments:

Post a Comment