Monday, October 5, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 137 & Completed Summer 2015 Bucket List

Can applesauce, a bucket list item that I didn't think would prove so difficult, but it was. 

Take 1, I bought the apples, but underestimated how exhausting scooping poop would be (my new gig) and the apples rotted before I got to them. But the pigs loved them!


Take 2, I had everything prepped and on the first apple, I sliced my finger on my new apple peeler. So bad that I spent the next 3 hours in a humid, stinky walk-in clinic listening to a lady's life story and oh so much more! A homicide almost happened, no joke. Thankfully, no stitches due to the location, but I have to wear surgical gloves and another glove on top at the farm, which isn't ideal. The doc also said it would take awhile to heal.


Take 3, with the help of my wonderful husband, I completed my task and ended up with 7 pints and 20 half pints of delicious apple sauce.


"Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday no longer matters. Today is another day so get back on track and move closer to your dreams & goals.
You can do it." -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment