Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A Year in Photo - Day 267

Just before Christmas my Mom gave me a book, "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing". She was super nervous because she didn't want to offend me....let's just say that my tidiness and cleaning skills are very different from hers. But I wasn't offended, I was thrilled. 

I read the first part of the book and I have been procrastinating over starting the first part of the process, clothing. But, today was the day. When I pulled every item of clothing from every part of the house, as the book instructs, I was a bit overwhelmed, to say the least. But I tackled it bit by bit according to the author, Marie Kondo's way. 

It took awhile and I'm exhausted but this is what I was left with. Only clothing that fits, that I wear and that makes me feel joy. My next project is books, which I look forward to doing, but I need a break first :)

Before
After
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Start by discarding, all at once, intensely and completely."
 
"Keep only those things that speak to your heart."

"The question of what you want to own is actually the question
of how you want to live your life."

-Marie Kondo



No comments:

Post a Comment