Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Year in Photo - Day 261

This is my Papa. Sadly, he passed away when I was teenager and to say I was devastated is a huge understatement. Although he isn't physically here, I know he is always with me. I've talked about the butterflies in a previous post but there is another way I know he is around. 

Yesterday was a really rough day for me. I had some things going on, my anxiety was through the roof and my mood was low. After a day full of tears I headed out to the farm to feed. As usual, I plugged in my iPod and turned it on; I have been listening to the same playlist for weeks and didn't change a thing. Two songs in to my drive the song Angel by Sarah McLaughlin came on. We played this song at my Papa's service and, without fail, regardless of whether I'm listening to the radio or my iPod, if I'm having a bad day or if I'm thinking about him, this song comes on. 

My Papa was a big part of my life and I miss him everyday. My Grandma gave me this photo just after he passed and I love it because it is so him. Standing on the beach by the water, he loved to fish, wearing his Weyerhaeuser hat, he worked there for many years, and holding my Granny's purse. He may not be here in the physical world but when times get tough, he always reminds me that he is here, walking by my side, helping me through tough times, and good ones too ©


Spend all your time waiting
For that second chance
For a break that would make it okay
There's always some reasons
To feel not good enough
And it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
Oh beautiful release
Memories seep from my veins
Let me be empty
And weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight
...
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here

-Angel (excerpt) - Sarah McLaughlin

No comments:

Post a Comment