Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 187

A couple of weeks ago I started a project with my friend Kerri called Pack the Purse Kelowna 2015. We are collecting gently used purses that will be filled and distributed to women who are homeless or who are in need. Neither one of us expected it to grow as much as it has. We set our initial goal at 50 purses, not expecting to reach that many, but we have blown past it.

The media coverage has been insane, Castanet, front page of the Daily Courier and Country 100.7. People from across Kelowna and beyond, have come together and we are overwhelmed with the outpouring of support. 

Today I went to 4 of our 12 drop-off locations and I was blown away; my car was stuffed to the brim. When I got home I unpacked the boxes and bags and this is what was revealed. This is on top of the hundreds of items we have already received. 

None of this would be possible without the support from our community. The people of Kelowna really come together when the call is put out to help those in need and I am so proud to be apart of it.


"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them,
at least don't hurt them." - Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment