Friday, March 11, 2016

A Year in Photo - Day 289

Over the years I've tapped into my creative side more and more but one thing I have always steered clear from was painting. I have difficulty letting go, giving up the control and just seeing what I can create; I want everything to be perfect and I get discouraged when it isn't. I can barely draw a stick man, let alone do anything paint and a brush. Or at least that's what I thought.

I went to a wine and paint night at my friend's house, I was freaking out for days leading up to it. I looked up some "easy" "beginner" paintings but I still had little faith. I finally settled on one and decided to just give it a go. To my surprise, I was pleased with how it was progressing and the more I painted, the more confident I became.

I am so pleased with the result and I can't wait to try something else!


"I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." -Van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment