Thursday, December 3, 2015

A Year in Photo - Day 195

So if you didn't think I was crazy before, I'm going to confirm that for you. After finishing my chores I decided today was the day I was going to catch a chicken. As I mentioned yesterday, I'm afraid of picking up chickens/turkeys, but if I want to have chickens one day I need to be able to do catch one if needed. 

So I started in the barn, but I quickly realized how quick they are and how much space there was for them to get away. So I moved into coop, but Rocky (the dog) was standing at the door and preventing them from entering; there were only a couple in the coop and each time I missed they walked out. So I closed the door and the craziness ensued. 

Those little shits are quick! I dove for them, stalked them, tried to catch them as they came through the door, no luck. Finally I set my sights on one chicken whose legs were long, I figured I'd have a better chance of grabbing her. She hopped in to the nesting box and I swooped in and grabbed her by the legs. It doesn't hurt her and when they are upside down they calm down. I took a quick selfie and then ran to the end of the barn to call Kristi, who was in the house, but could see me from her window. Seeing my fear when we did the turkey's she was pretty stoked too.

I was laughing so hard, thinking of how crazy it must seem to people that my goal was to catch a chicken. And how happy I am that I did. But then the other side of me doesn't care, it's been a goal for me and I accomplished it today, as crazy as it seems!


"Life is short. If there was ever a moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to you, that moment is now." -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment